Monday, October 25, 2010

We've Been Busy!!

I know we have awhile until the baby is born, but I figured out how I wanted to rearrange the bedrooms to create a playroom and to get ready for the baby. I figured why not do it now before I get too big, plus we've been doing a co-op preschool and I thought it would be nice to have that room as the preschool room. SO, we first worked on Emma's room by taking the furniture in the spare room and moving it into her room so she could be in the big bed. She actually had asked to sleep in that bed when it was in the other room the 2 nights before we actually moved everything. Her room looks so bare now because there's not much on the walls, the furniture is light colored as is the bedding and I moved ALL the toys out of her room!

Next was the playroom. We moved all of the kids toys out of their rooms and into the playroom. I tried to downsize, but there were a ton of things that I kept that I probably don't need. Some things I decided to keep for the new baby. I haven't decided if I want to keep the tables up or put them away yet, but I've got preschool on Wednesday, so they'll stay up for that.

I moved the rocking chair & hutch that were in Emma's room into the playroom for when the baby wakes up in the middle of the night and needs to be fed/changed. I need to get a small bookcase to go where the play kitchen is for all the kids books. The bottom drawer of the hutch is full of books and the top 2 bins Michael's toy bucket thing is full of books!

I wanted to have the TV right there, but I'm not sure there will be enough room for the changing pad, so I might look into getting a wall mount for it. We also plan to use the drawers for the baby's clothes since there's no room in Michaels room for 2 dressers.

This is the closet in the playroom. I need to either get a better storage system with more drawers, or try to get rid of more toys!!!


Last, but not least, the boys' room! We converted Emma's toddler bed back into a crib, moved it into Michael's room along with the dresser that matches. Michael has one that I had hoped to move into the closet, but after getting it in there, we realized that the drawers wouldn't open so that's when we decided to keep the newer dresser, put Michael's clothes in it and use the hutch in the playroom as the baby's dresser. The other dresser is still in the middle of the room and we hope to try to sell it or donate it to goodwill.



This was dinner I made for tonight. It was pretty easy and good!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Looks good, but what is the dinner?