Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Best in the West

These first two pics aren't of the fair, but I wanted to put them in anyway. We went to the "Spooky Store" with my parents. The kids don't like going, but we get them in anyway. The first trip they cried until I took them to the front where they had the bubble fog machine and the kids had a fun time popping bubbles. I also have to rush them across the store to the Toy Story section.
Here's Michael as Buzz:

And Emma as "Chessie":


We went to the fair the first Thursday with my parents and had a fun time. First stop was dinner! we got the kids hot dogs and I got the bbq chicken & Ron wanted to try the giant turkey leg. Emma also had a little taste!

We played a couple of games.


I convinced Ron to let the kids play the "Win a Goldfish" game since it was so cheap. 12 balls for $2?! You can't even ride once around the carousel for that! "What are the odds?" I told Ron...Well, we gave each kid 6 ping pong balls and let 'em go! Michaels first throw landed RIGHT IN THE BOWL!! It didn't even bounce! It just went right in as if there were a magnet involved! We ended up with 3 fish (2 were Michaels, and 1 was Emma's). So, we had to buy a tank!

The kids excited about their fish. Michael named his 2 "Jarom" & "Isaac" (after his cousin & friend) and Emma named hers "Emma" (SO original!). It's been almost 2 weeks and we are down to 1 fish. "Isaac" and "Emma" died, but we still have "Jarom". I actually don't mind having him. I swore that I would never have another fish unless someone else cleaned the tank, but this tank is pretty easy to keep up and the fish doesn't make too much of a mess. I clean his tank every 3-4 days. Not too bad!

We also let the kids ride a couple of rides. When they get older, We'll probably invest in the wristbands since the rides are $1 per ticket and the cheapest ride is 4 tickets! Ridiculous! (We convinced Grandpa to go with them!)

The kids LOVE the carousel!!


We also got some kettle corn & listened to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Emma kept getting handfuls of popcorn and was dancing SO funny! I took video that I'll try to put up.


1 comment:

The Pollocks said...

Cute pictures! That lucky shot is so funny! It figures he'd win first throw. Kids always have better luck at things. Good luck with the goldfish!

PS- Goldfish love lettuce (preferably romaine)! If you leave a piece in there for a few hours, you will have one happy fish.