Monday, October 11, 2010

Tigger

Last Wednesday Ron and I had to make the tough decision of putting my kitty Tigger down. She had started get sick and throwing up all the time. she had lost so much weight and her fur was falling out and didn't look healthy. I had taken her to the vet a month ago and we tried some medicine and some special food, but she just got to where she wasn't eating anything. She got really dehydrated and the vet said that he could hydrate her, but it would probably only last a couple of weeks and would just prolong the inevitable. So, we decided that this would be the best thing for her. It was a lot harder than I thought. I do love all my animals, but I've never had a real hard time when we've had to put any of them to sleep. Tiggs was the first animal, however, that I actually had to take down there myself, and I think that was the hardest part. I couldn't stay in the room, though. It would've been too hard. Aftwards, we had to pick the kids up from preschool and break the news. Michael took it the hardest because he's older and she was his cat. She's the one that would sleep in his room every night on his pillow. He loved her so much! We all did! That was pretty hard for us to have to do. The thought of him being upset even got to Ron! I teased Ron that if Michael cried and wanted another cat, he would be the first to take him to the pound to get another one! We will miss our little Tiggies, but are so thankful she's not suffering anymore! (This is how she liked to lay down on the couch. She also would lay down with her paws crossed and I always said she sat like a lady!)


2 comments:

The Pollocks said...

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. I too would be completely heartbroken if my babies had to be put down. I'm glad you made the right decision to stop her suffering though. Hope all is well again soon.

Powers Fam said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. I'll be doing the same thing on Monday and it just breaks my hear thinking about it. I hope the kiddos are feeling better now. Still wondering how I'm going to breaks the news to Julia.