Sunday, October 10, 2010

Birthday Cupcakes & Doctors Appointments

My birthday was last Monday (10/4!) and Tuesday I came home from work and my babysitter & the kids made me cupcakes! They were yummy! (Especially since they had my favorite--m&m's on them!)

Michael had his 4 year old check up. He had to do the hearing test & eye test. He did good on the hearing, and did okay during the eye test. He doesn't need glasses (phew!), but he did miss a couple things.

They also took his blood pressure. He looked so funny just staring!

When we saw the doctor, she immediately commented on his birthmark/mole thing he has above his left eyebrow. It has gotten bigger over the years and she suggested we see a dermotologist. After that, she mentioned giving him his flu mist (it goes in the nose like afrin rather than having the shot). I'm not against the flu shot, but I'm not real hip on the H1N1 vaccine. I didn't get them vaccinated last year because I felt that it was too new of a disease and that some people were blowing it out of proportion. Don't get me wrong, I understand that people have had major problems with this and have even died from it, but I just chose not to vaccinate for that for me and my kids. However, the doctor told me that now both the regular & H1N1 vaccine has been combined into one and that since they didn't get the other last year, they have to have 2 this year! Awesome! After the doctor left, the nurse came in with the vaccines for both kids (the flu one) and also his other vaccine (the shot). She did Michael's flu mist first so he could "show little sister how to do it" and he freaked out. We had to lay him on the table! Emma, however, had no issues whatsoever! Then it was time for the shot! I had to hold down his upper body while Ron held down his legs! But, sure enough, he lived and is fine and is up to date on his shots!



2 comments:

Carla said...

Fun getting caught up on all your posts! I'm waiting for news from a doctors appointment of yours... are you having an ultrasound this coming Friday?

KillmerFam said...

Yep! Friday @ 6pm!! I'll be doing a post soon to take votes!