Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Potty Training!

I guess we have been putting off potty training long enough and now I think it's time to get serious! Yeah, sure, we've had him sit on the potty several times and he's gone a few times, but we either didn't keep up on it or when we asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty, he would say "no". I haven't really wanted to push him into potty training, but I now feel like I need to do something more. Tonight, just before I changed him in his jammies, I asked him if he wanted to go pee-pee in the toilet and he said "yes", so I took him in there and he actually went! THEN he told me he had to poop and, lo and behold, HE DID! (This part gets a little graphic, but it's funny so just keep reading!) He squeezed out a couple "logs" :o) and then looked at me and said "Mommy, I've got one more..." and then squeezed out one more little one! About 20-30 minutes later, he told me he wanted to go again. I didn't believe him, but I took him anyway, and he WENT POTTY AGAIN! I'm so excited! I hope this lasts!

PS Please excuse the "x-rated" photo!

No comments: