Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Grandma


I've had my grandma on my mind a lot today. I miss her terribly. It's been about 5 1/2 years since she passed, but it's still so hard sometimes. The night before we went down to the Temple for my wedding, my dad gave me a blessing and my mom gave me my grandmas wedding set that she had resized and soldered together so I could wear them. Originally, my grandpa had them engraved with AML AML FTAAE (all my love, all my life, for time and all eternity). After time, the engraving is gone and I've thought many times that I'd like to re-do it, but the bands have worn so thin, that I couldn't do it. Today at work, I asked my boss (the jeweler) what I could do to preserve the look of her set, but re-engrave it. The options look promising, so now it's just a matter of cost, which I don't know yet. While talking to him, I just had this overwhelming sadness come over me and I couldn't help but think about my grandma and how much I've missed her. I'm so glad that she isn't in the pain that she is in, but I just wish sometimes that I could give her a hug and have her around my children. I know that in the few years after she died and before they were born they had some great times together, and I know she is aware of how I've turned out, but it would be nice to see her reaction to some of the crazy things my kids do. Grandma, I love you, I miss you, and thank you so much for the wonderful memories!

No comments: