Saturday, March 28, 2009

Goodbye Old Friend!

Ron and I have had this kitchen table since we've been married. My mom bought it for us at an estate sale because our apartment was too little for a normal table. It's worked out perfect so far. The kids have eaten many a meal at this table, but, alas, it has gotten too small for our family. There are only 2 chairs, so we can't all sit down at once and I don't want to eat EVERY meal at the big dining table, so the search was on for a new table. Ron didn't want to spend a lot of money, and I didn't want it to look ugly. I searched several places online and everything I liked was too much. We got a letter in the mail telling us about an "exclusive" sale that Taylor & Taylor Interiors was having (I'm sure a lot of people got one!). They are supposedly quitting the business (however, they own Red Door Interiors, also, which is still in business) and were having a 4 day sale. We decided to go check it out and I found my table!

Our old table...

The new table...


So far, I LOVE it! It's so pretty! I love the color. It doesn't match my cabinets, but that's the color I would've gotten my cabinets had I wanted to spend a bunch of money on upgrades. Most all my other furniture is this color, too. Amanda is going to take my old table, so I'll still visit it every now and then!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Nice table... I like it!

Mrs. Schmalison said...

I love it!!! I want it!!! Thats the color I want, I love that dark wood.

Carla said...

LOVE IT! That's my favorite color wood too!