Wednesday, March 18, 2009

AAAAHHHH!!

This whole potty training thing is going to drive me INSANE!! It's been 2 days and he's gone really well for me (not for Lindsey whose been watching the kids or even for Ron!). Michael peed twice & pooped once last night, then peed (standing up!) this morning, and when we got home he's peed a few more times. The thing that's going to drive me insane is the fact that he is constantly saying that he has to go, to which I take him (just in case), but then can't decide whether he wants to stand up, sit down, go poop, can't go at all, needs to use the Elmo chair, etc! We pretty much spend about 20-30 minutes in the bathroom! It's ridiculous! I don't want to get mad, or show that I'm fed up because I don't want him to take my emotions the wrong way. I am really glad that he's showing the interest, but I'm not one to like to waste time, and sitting on the edge of the tub watching Michael decide what he feels like doing is pretty much a waste of time! I just hope this wont last! They should make a mini boarding school where you could send kids to learn how to potty train and you don't get them back until they are accident free! I would miss them, but I'm pretty sure it would be worth it! :o)

3 comments:

R. Hansen said...

We picked a week when we really didn't need to do anything. Right after church on Sunday we didn't go anywhere until Wednesday. I had enough underwear that it wasn't a big deal if they went in it...poops usually just went in the trash (unknown to the children). I set a timer for 30 minutes and we would go in there every 30 minutes. They would practice if they went in their pants. Long process, but well worth it.
For rewards, we used a penny jar "potty money" 1 cent for pee, 2 cents for poo. Then, when we were out somewhere, I doubled it. We snuck a tithing lesson in with potty training. :-)

I need some help getting my baby to sleep in her bed!!

Carianne said...

What a great idea! I always hated that when they were first learning and we went out anywhere, they had to play that same game but in a public restroom and we all know how I don't do public restrooms. I even pack one of those portable potty seats with me.(It folds up and fits in your purse) What is nice about having a boy is if it is just pee I just take him out to the parking lot and let him go. :o) (just don't do this when YOU are wearing flip flops....No matter where you stand your feet will get sprayed. For realzies!) My friend just finished potty training her 18 month old and is trying to talk me into it. She is just CRAZY I say! Besides, potty training the twins is not going to be fun or easy at any stage so I'd rather just wait. I am thinking I will start when they are like 10! :o) But, if you come across a school let me know.

Amanda said...

There is a school. People have told me about it... but it's been a while since I've heard about it. I remember it was for one week and it was guaranteed. But maybe Carianne should start her own school after she potty trains the twins, by then she'll be a pro.