Friday, March 20, 2009

First Time In Public!

Emma had a doctor's appointment this morning for her vaccines, and before we left I decided to go potty before Costco and thought I'd have Michael go to. After I got done, I tried to have him go to and he threw a fit! He was screaming and crying! I figured that the nurses were probably going to call CPS on me! I finally said forget it and we left. I had already mentioned to him if he went, we would get "chickadonalds" (McDonald's chicken nuggets) and chocolate milk, so when we got to Costco, he promised he would go....until we got in the bathroom! I wasn't going to have another dr's office incident, so I didn't fight and we just left. I had a couple things in the cart when he said he would go...again! The whole way to the bathroom, I would ask him "are you gonna go potty?" "yep!" I put my cart by the "go back" section because I've never seen anyone move any of the carts from there, went to the bathroom and once again, he freaked out! I did get him sit on the toilet, but he refused to go. After much pursuasion, and several people that used the bathroom while I was in there thinking that I was crazy, he FINALLY went! To which I gave him an M&M and we had some chickadonalds. Hopefully this wont last long!

1 comment:

The Story of us said...

I carried a toilet in my car for the first month of potty training before Christina would use a big potty or when in public. Now she loves it especially the one at Spencer's work and has to go every time we are in the parking lot. I can't drop Spencer off with out parking and taking her potty.