Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not so CALM!

Last Thursday, I worked all day, then went straight to my parents to pick up my mom so we could go visiting teaching and by the time I got home, the kids were in bed. I felt really bad that I hadn't seen the kids all day, so I thought that we'd do something fun, so I took them to CALM. However, Thursday night I also started getting a headache, so I took some Tylenol before I went to bed, but when I woke up Friday, it was STILL there and was REALLY bad! Ron had golf lessons in the morning and then was going to play a practice round in Arvin to practice for a tournament he was playing in that weekend. I took more medicine and thought I'd stick it out and we went anyway. I was pretty miserable, for the most part, but the kids had a great time.
We saw some Bald Eagles...

A Golden Eagle....

A sleeping Fox....

Cheese!

Ducks...(although you can't see them in the pic)

She didn't like the fake dinosaur much, and Michael wouldn't go near it...

Turtles...

And a Pelican...


We went in the late morning and on the way home, my head was hurting so bad, I called my dad (who was home) to see if I could bring the kids over and put them to bed there so I could relax. He felt pretty bad for me since I started crying (I should try that more often!). My head hurt all day friday, and was still hurting Saturday, plus nausea! My parents were worried that it was menengitis, so they came over and my dad got the kids ready and took them to their house while my mom took me to Memorial ER. When I walked in I was the ONLY patient in the waiting room! I didn't even sit down after signing in before they called me into triage! They took me back immediately and gave me a bed. The doctor wasn't too long after that and did some movement tests & ruled out menengitis, but wanted to get a cat scan to make sure I didn't have a sinus infection. In the meantime, they gave me a shot of toredal (sp?) and a pill that they give chemo patients to help with the nausea. Shortly after, they took me back for the cat scan and went right in and it was over in a couple minutes. They took me back to my "room" and we waited there for the results which came back fine. By this time, the shot was working and I started feeling much better. I was released to go home with only some vicodin and instructions to come back or go to my doctor if the pain persists. Needless to say, I spent more time at the hairdreser than I did in ER! I decided to stay home from church on Sunday, but sent the kids, and have started to feel normal again. Yea!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Glad to hear that you're okay! Hopefully you don't start having regular migraines, huh?