Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm Back!

Okay, so I didn't go anywhere, but Thursday when I got on the computer, it was telling me that I had all these viruses. It would still let us get on, but I was afraid to. I called my friend who is the "computer guy" at my old job and asked if he could fix it for me and he said he'd try. I brought it to him on Friday morning and when I called him Friday afternoon, all he told me was that it wasn't good and he was running some scans and stuff and was going to put a new virus scanning security thing on it (I'm pretty sure that's the technical term!). I called him yesterday to see how it was going and he told me that a virus had embedded itself to my computer. Nice! But he was running one last scan to make sure it was gone and by the afternoon, it was done and I got it back today! The next step is to buy some disc's and burn my pictures just in case. I have some pics of some things that are going on, but I just don't feel like putting them up right now.

Updates: Emma is adjusting to the new crib/bed. She did love it for awhile, but had fought me on taking naps that first week, then it moved to fighting me at bedtime. I now have to tie the tie from my robe onto her door and the laundry room door to keep her in her room. The last couple of nights it's been pretty good though and not really necessary, but I know that as soon as I stop, she will start fighting me again.

Michael's potty training has been REALLY successful. He is now to the point where he's telling me that he needs to go before he goes and has just recently started going by himself without even telling us he needs to go. However, today wasn't so good. He started a new babysitter and is afraid to go at there house. Yesterday he didn't go ALL AFTERNOON with no accident, but today, he had a couple of accidents. Hopefully, he'll get used to being at their house soon.

I'm still working part-time and enjoying being at the store. Some of the perks of working at a jewelry store is that my jewelry is always nice and shiney, I get things at cost, and I can play around with the jewelry that I own. I just recently rhodiumed my yellow gold ring to look white. It looks pretty nice! I liked it yellow, too, but I just thought it would be a fun change. You can always polish it out after time. If any of you have white gold rings that are starting to turn yellow, our jewelry store is having a special for the month of May that we will rhodium, clean, and polish your white gold rings for $29. Let me know if you're interested.

Ron is still working hard and golfing when he can. He's got a tournament this weekend that he is looking forward to. He likes to play rounds of golf, but he LOVES to play in tournaments, and we're getting into the season, which means more "but I have a tournment coming up that I need to practice for!" I don't really mind, as long as he takes a break now and then to spend some time with all of us together. Usually he spends one of his days off with the kids while I work and then the next day golfing, but we still manage to get some alone time along the way.

Hope all is well with everyone and I look forward to getting caught up with everyone. I feel like it's been so long, even though it's only been just a few days!

No comments: