Monday, May 10, 2010

Relay For Life

A couple Saturday's ago was Bakersfield's annual Relay For Life. Up until 3 years ago, I didn't know much about this specific event. Almost 4 years ago, my mom was diagnosed with uterin cancer. September will mark the 4 year anniversary of her surgery. She underwent some radiation treatments and has been in remission ever since! To celebrate, we attend the Relay for Life every year. It is great event and I feel humbled everytime I go. I enjoy watching the sea of purple as they take that first lap around the track! I am so blessed to be able to see my mom walk it! Here's to more birthdays!

We got there a little late, but just in time to see my mom & aunt Teresa.


They had a Beatles cover band that the kids enjoyed dancing to.

You could buy a balloon and write your own message and every hour, they released them.

Emma dancing! She stands like this and shakes the one knee. It's pretty funny. I got video of it I'll download later.

Emma taking a picture of grandpa....I think she needs a couple more photography lessons!


So, just before this, she was on my dads shoulders and was apparently lifting her shirt up, THEN she finds this pole and started swinging around on it....should I be worried?!

I just happened to see this sign and noticed something pretty cool...

Don't see it? Here's a closer look.....Stockdale Jewelers!!! (my work!)

Piniata time!


The loot.


Fishing game.


Our Survivor!

We take a picture like this every year, but my aunt doesn't like her picture taken, so this is what we get!

Much better! (Their hats light up!)

Bounce house time!



We were there from about 8:45 am to 5 pm. The kids were EXHAUSTED!! Emma even fell asleep before I pulled out of the parking spot! I wasn't feeling too hot by the end the day either, so I just put the kids down when I got home and went to bed myself. I had a couple people call me and then about 9:30 pm my body finally figured out what it needed to do to feel better (I threw up!). Michael stayed asleep until about 7:30 the next morning, but Emma woke up around 12:30 and was up for a couple of hours before going back to sleep.



No comments: