Monday, May 3, 2010

Disneyland April 2010

Earlier this year, we joined in the give a day, get a day that Disneyland was doing. My parents and I read books to children at the library...well, my children & my nephews since they were the only ones that showed up! Then Ron signed up for a Valentines event that was being held in Tehachapi. He basically only had to plug in some Christmas lights, deliver some glasses and a couple other things and he was done! Ryan & Amanda already had season passes, so we decided to go for Aarons birthday! We had a blast and were able to ride a lot of the rides! We were even able to skip ahead since we had a wheelchair for my mom because of her surgery a couple of months ago! Michael is tall enough for some of the bigger rides and I think his favorite is Splash Mountain! I've been wanting to take him on Matterhorn, because I haven't ridden it in a long time, but everytime I try, it breaks down or is closed and this time was no different! Maybe next time! We stayed the night at the Anabella Hotel (SO nice!) the night before and got there around 8:30 and stayed until 11-11:30pm! We were all so tired and didn't want to drive home, so we got on to Priceline and stayed another night at the Doubletree (not as nice, but nice not to have to drive home!). The kids had a great time and it just makes me want to go back more!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Disneyland April 2010
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow customized with Smilebox

2 comments:

Powers Fam said...

You should have applied your free ticket toward a season pass! How fun that Michael rode Splash Mountain. Cliff took Julia on the Matter Horn. He will probably try to take her on Splash Mountain this fall.

KillmerFam said...

I wanted to do that, but Ron said I couldn't! He thinks it costs too much to go. I tried to explain that I could pack food and that we didn't have to stay all day, but apparently he's not much for Disneyland and doesn't want to go! I did tell him that when the kids get a little older, I wanted to get passes, to which he said no, so I told him that I would get one for me & the kids and we'd go without him! We'll see, maybe someday! :o)