Wednesday, May 12, 2010

3rd Annual Mother's Day Trip!

The Friday before Mothers Day, my mom, Amanda and I set off for Ventura for our annual mother's day overnighter! It started 3 years ago when Ryan & my dad went on a father/son campout with Ryan's oldest 2 (Aaron was still a baby) and Ron had gone to Wyoming for his grandma's funeral that we weren't able to make. I got onto priceline and found a nice hotel, but Aaron had gotten sick, so my mom, the kids and I went. Last year, we ditched the kids and it was just us girls. This year it was us girls plus Abby! When we got there, we checked in and headed to the outlet mall! After visiting a few stores, we headed to Octavios for dinner.

Octavios is an italian restaurant nearby and it was good!

After dinner, we went to the movies to see "The Backup Plan". It was a cute movie! Even Abby enjoyed it!

This was our hotel! It was really nice and ALL their rooms are smoke-free!

The next morning we got up and headed back to the outlet mall, but they weren't open yet, so we headed to Ross, where I went to town on all the clothes! I bought so many shirts! I also got a few things for the kids and even a sofa table for my hallway! I LOVE IT!!! After Ross, we went to the outlet and stopped at our FAVORITE cookie place....TERRI'S CHOCOLATE CHIPPERY COOKIES!!! This place is AMAZING! The cookies are crisp on the outside and melty/doughy goodness in the middle! We dream about these cookies ALL YEAR! They are $1.50 per cookie, but you can get day old cookies for cheaper. HOWEVER they are not even comparable to the freshly made cookies!!!


After hours of shopping, we were getting ready to head back and found the ocean, so I stopped for a picture.

On the way home, we stopped in Valencia at the Elephant Bar for dinner.



We had a great time and I'm looking forward to next year! We figure in a few years, we might start taking our daughters with us and make it a real girls weekend! Thanks for making it fun, girls! Oh, and here's a picture of the back of my car with all of our stuff!


1 comment:

Carla said...

I'm stealing this idea! Maybe next year my MIL and sisters-in-law will want to go to the beach with me! Except Carrin hates shopping :(