Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Swim Lessons!

The kids started swim lessons yesterday. Emma and I are in the "Mommy & Me" class and Michael is in the Preschool class. They both seem to be enjoying it. The classes are at the same time, so I don't get to watch Michael much. It does take him awhile to get used to being there by himself, but the teachers give him a ball and he's in Heaven after that! They've been getting him used to the water and using arms and kicking. Emma's enjoying our class, too! She is blowing bubbles, kicking her legs, moving her arms and today she was climbing out of the pool by herself and jumping to me with no help until she got in the water! After she'd jump she'd say "gain" for "again." The teacher told us to have the kids float on their back, but she didn't like that much. I think it was because the sun was in her eyes. I only have this one picture from their actual swim lessons, the other two were them playing around this morning. My dad took some videos of the kids and I'm going to try to post that, too, but my dad's not a videographer so you may get a little sick watching it! I know I did!


These are Michael's new "wobble goggles" (from Imagination Movers) that I bought in Camarillo.


She just LOVES to say "cheese!"


No comments: