Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sacramento Trip

Last weekend we went to Sacramento for my Aunt Sue & Uncle David's farewell. They are leaving tomorrow for a couples agricultural mission in Utah and were speaking in church on Sunday. My parents took my kids Friday afternoon and I rode up with Ryan & Amanda since Ryan & I had to work. Luckily I got off at 3:30 instead of 5:30, so we were able to leave a little earlier. The kids were already in bed when we got up there. We all stayed at my uncle's house, but his house is HUGE, plus, he has a really nice motor home that my parents, and me and the kids were able to stay in. His house is on a HUGE lot and they have chickens, dogs, a "pond/lake" in progress and also a huge RV garage/house that will have rooms, etc. The house is gorgeous and the kids LOVED running and playing outside in the dirt & with the dogs!



My cousin, Emily, created the ultimate slip 'n slide down the hill in the backyard for the kids (and some adults!) to go down. She put down some foam, cardboard, and blankets for padding, unrolled 100 feet of plastic, turned on the sprinklers and let the fun begin! My kids didn't care for it much, but the older kids had a BLAST!






The grass had a lot of stickers in it, so I pulled one out of Michaels foot, but he didn't believe me, so I took a picture of his foot so he could see that it was okay!


Fun with the tractor!


This is where my kids hung out after their one time down the slide!


Sunday, after church, my cousin Emily put on a family singing program (that's what the Nielson's do) as a final send off. She had all these different songs to do, some for the kids to have fun with, some that meant something to someone, and some that were more serious. It was a pretty good program, and the kids sure enjoyed the fun songs & musical instruments!




This is my aunt & uncle. We wish them the best of luck as they embark on this new challenge and hope they have great success!

No comments: