Thursday, May 28, 2009

Little Miss Emma!

One year ago, I took Emma to the doctor for her 6 month check up. We had issues with our insurance and had to switch doctors, which only lasted basically for this particular check up. The jist is she didn't gain any weight between 4-6 months and the new doctor was concerned to the point that we had to run a bunch of tests/x-rays. I tried to explain to the doctor that she was just tiny and that I was the same way, but what do I know?! It's one year later and Emma went to the doctor for her 18 month check up and is 33 1/4 inches tall & 29 lbs 9 oz! She is in the 90th percentile for BOTH height & weight! I'm pretty sure that there's nothing wrong with her as far as being underweight! I didn't change anything in her diet at 6 months and now she's eating whatever we're eating for meals like she should be. Take that Dr. Pardo!

A few thinks about Emma:
  • She LOVES putting ANYTHING in her mouth still (and when I say anthing, I mean ANYTHING)
  • She loves to dance
  • She loves to give hugs & kisses
  • She has started telling me "secrets" (she leans into my ear and whispers....usually just jibberish, but it's sooooo cute!)
  • She has FINALLY started to talk more and says Mommy. Still not as often as daddy, but at least she says it!
  • She loves her big brother and they play very well together (when Michael's not tackling her!)
  • She is such a daddy's girl!
  • She loves kitty's and doggies.
  • When she sees a picture of a monkey, she starts to "ooo ooo ahh ahh"
  • She says "pop" for grandpa (I just think it's cute! Michael used to say "bada")
  • She's a really good sleeper at night, and VERY rarely wakes up
  • She has started to throw some pretty major tantrums that usually involve throwing herself on the floor and pushing you away
  • She LOVES swimming lessons and is to the point where I can't keep her on my lap, or anywhere really, and just jumps into the water even though she can't touch the bottom.

I could go on and on, but I'll spare you. She gives me a lot of grief sometimes, but I wouldn't ask for anything less! I'm not looking forward to her stubbornness as she gets older, but I guess that's what I get for being so stubborn, myself! She keeps life fun and I'm so glad I get to be her mommy!

No comments: