Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I was waiting for this past weekend before I posted about my "gifts" for Mother's Day (at least that's what I told Ron they were...one from him, and the other from the kids :o) ) So, last Saturday, my mom, Carianne and I went to Paragon for a spa pedi/mani. It was so awesome! The last time I had a pedicure was when we went to Hawaii in January! I need to go more often (but not to Paragon...it's pretty pricey!) After that was lunch at Olive Garden where I got the Chicken Rolletini (SO GOOD!) and then to Moo Creamery for ice cream. There was good service, good food, good company & good conversation the whole day! (LOTS of conversation! We lost track of time!) My 2nd mother's day gift was our new annual Mothers Day Mayham trip (we were trying to come up with something catchy to call it...what do you think?) down to Ventura. My mom and I took the kids last year, but this year I wanted to myself & Amanda was able to go with us! We stay at the Hyatt Westlake in Thousand Oaks (GREAT hotel!) and we visit the Camarillo Outlet Mall. It's pretty big and has a cookie store called 'Terri's Cookies' that have THE BEST cookies I've ever had! We left pretty early Friday morning and drove down. After checking in, we ate lunch and it was off to the outlets! We shopped ALL day with a break to watch a movie (because it was "twilite" time and the tickets were only $6.00!!). We saw "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past." I liked it. It's like The Christmas Story, only with girlfriends and more flesh (not total nudity, just bras and panties.) After the movie, we did more shopping and then went to dinner at Wood Ranch then back to the hotel. The next morning Amanda and I went to the gym to get on the elyptical (I know, crazy!) and then we went for our complimentary buffet and it was off to the Strawberry Festival in Oxnard. It was pretty fun, but I don't think we'll go back again. The tickets were like $12.00 a piece plus $5.00 parking! Lot's of neat stuff, though! After that, we went to Ross and did more shopping, stopped at Chili's for dinner and then headed home. It was a GREAT mother's day this year and hope to do it again next year! I didn't get a whole lot of pictures due to the shopping, but here are some from the festival.
Mom all excited for the Festival!

Amanda and baby Amos all ready to go! (Inside joke, she's NOT naming the baby Amos...that is until I say it enough that she ACTUALLY does! But I doubt it!)



"The handle is $10.00 more!" (not really, that's just what she thought he said)
Holy Strawberries!


No comments: