Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Dad!

I probably have the greatest dad ever! I've always been "daddy's little girl" and I've pretty much always known it! My dad tries so hard to make sure that his "little girl" is well taken care of and happy! He is constately doing things for me, even when I don't ask him to. He has always been there for me when he could be, even when he didn't really want to. Almost anything I've asked him to do, he's done it. I sometimes sit and debate whether I should bring something up to him, because I know that what I ask, he will try to do and I don't want him to feel obligated (especially when it comes to watching the kids!) I noticed yesterday, just before Ron went to work, that my backyard was looking like a mess! The yard hadn't been mowed in I don't know how long and the weeds were almost as tall as the plants! (before you judge, just remember that weeds DO grow FAST!) So, I asked him (since he knows a lot about working in the yard) if one day when Ron and I were both off (preferably before summer school started) if he would come over and help out and give us some pointers. I disturbed him during a project he was working on and hesitated and wasn't at first real happy that I brought it up. But, like he always does, he called back after a few minutes and said that he was coming over to help when he got done with what he was doing and appologized for being snippy earlier! I told him that he didn't have to come over that day, that we would do it another day, but he insisted, because that's who he is! He came over, mowed both my lawns, weedeated the lawn and flower beds, and even trimmed my bushes/trees! I even invited them over for dinner tonight and my dad did the dishes for me! I am so lucky to have been sent to him and my mom (yes, she's a big help to me, too!). They are such good people and wonderful examples to me. I love them so much and am grateful for all that they do for me and my family. Thanks guys! I LOVE YOU!


1 comment:

Carla said...

I love all the old pictures of your family- you should post them more often!