Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Long Overdue Post...

Basically since we moved into our house, I've had this large blank wall that I'd been searching for paintings to fit it that I liked. I'm pretty particular when it comes to certain things, and this was one of them. The only ones I found that I liked were like $300-$400, and I wasn't about to spend that! So, we had gotten together with some of my family and I was talking about my painting dilema to which I asked my grandma (who paints) to paint me something. I told her I didn't care too much about what it looked like, just that it was scenery, to which she agreed to do so. As time went on I was getting nervous about being so vague (since she likes to paint woodsy/tiger paintings). A couple months later, she called and said she had it ready, so I picked it up and I LOVED it! She matched the colors of my house perfect and the painting is beautiful! All I had to do was pay to frame it and it means so much more than any other painting because it was painted by my grandma! Here's some pictures of my picture!




When she comes over to my house she still tells me how much trouble he had with the seagulls and that they weren't quite right, but I think they look great!

4 comments:

Carianne said...

Beautiful! I think the seagulls look great! Love all the colors. Good Job Grandma!

I went to Mark's house after he had moved in and he had like 5 beautiful paintings hanging that I'd never seen before. I loved them and asked where he got them. Then Jared said, "my mom painted them." What? I've been in the family for all these years and I never knew she painted. So, I got all upset (jealous) cause why does Mark get all of them. I bring it up to his mom and she said, "No, Mark stole them out of my garage!" Brat! I guess it's first come first serve over there. I plan on buying her a nice easel and paints for Christmas and will start making my art requests. I told Jared to go steal one of Mark's wall too. :o)

Jocelyn said...

I've already told you how I really like the painting....so I'll do it again. Its beautiful and it looks PERFECT in your house. Lucky girl!

The Bertagnoles said...

WOW! I love it! Im amazed that your grandma is such a great painter. We are trying to get our friend to do one for us, becuasue Im am the same way... I LOVE paintings (especially like yours), but I don't want to spend the money. :} How great for you guys.

Carla said...

That is a gorgeous painting! Your grandma is talented.