Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dang Missionaries!

So, I signed up for the missionaries on Thursday like 3-4 weeks ago. I wrote it on my calendar and thought of it OFTEN. I stayed up late Wednesday night putting together enchiladas because I worked Thursday and Ron wouldn't have to get much together. I don't get off till 5:30, so I don't get home till almost 6. When I got home, I started getting the rest together, noticed that Ron only baked one of the two pans and started freaking out, trying to put the other pan in (it takes 40 min to bake), then noticed there was a message on the machine (Ron NEVER checks it) and it was the elders asking if they could come at 5:30 instead of 6. Well, since it was past 5:30, I assumed they would show up soon. We tried calling them, but not answer (even though it's a cell phone). They never came by, they never called back, and now it's Saturday, and we've yet to hear from them. Needless to say, we had a whole pan of enchiladas leftover. Thanks guys! And guess what?! I'm not signing up again until the both of you get transferred!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Oh that's a bummer! They always call us the night before to confirm and show up right on time. I know they've been having some issues actually getting the calendar though... so the last time they didn't come by because they didn't know and I lost their number so I couldn't call. They ended up staying in and eating mac n cheese I think...

R. Hansen said...

Okay, I totally laughed out loud reading this post...not because of the situation, but because I can HEAR your voice in your writing. Fun. :-)

Bummer, though.

They came to us Saturday night. :-) So, these ones are good.