Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How Do You Solve a Problem Like EMMA?!

Ever since Michael started pulling himself up on things, I've been nervous that he was going to climb out of his crib. The crib I have is SOLID wood and there are lots of pieces that stick out. I didn't move it to the bottom level with Michael because I was pregnant with Emma and didn't think I could bend over to put him in his crib, so I just hoped for the best. Luckily, he never tried to get out, but I was still paranoid about it. I take after my mother in the sense that I am SO paranoid about most EVERYTHING and always think something bad is going to happen in the smallest of situations (it's even to the point where when I used to ride the bus to/from, I would plan out what I would do if something happened to the driver ie: they pass out, someone shoots them, etc.) Usually, I panic in silence, but it's just something I do. Another thing I do is ramble and jump from subject to subject, so back to the story...So, the other night, I put both kids to bed and had started my routine clean-up. We've taken the pacifier away from Emma about 3 weeks ago, so she still has a hard time falling asleep without it and just stays in her room and cries. Usually it only lasts about 5-10 minutes, depending on how tired she is. I normally ignore her, but this night I thought I'd wait in the hallway and........THUD! I ran in there as fast as I could and sure enough, she tried to climb out and flipped out of bed! She was crying hystarically as I scooped her up and held her. Luckily, no bumps, bruises, scratches, or concusions were had (which is what I was expecting would happen) so that was a relief! I was too nervous to put her back into bed, so we waited for daddy to come home so he could put the crib down to the LOWEST level. Here are some pics of her in her "newly remodled" crib.
Already trying to climb out!

Mad because she can't climb over!

Look at that face! (Keep in mind, this was after 11pm! Just a wee bit tired!)

2 comments:

Carla said...

How funny, I'm PARANOID about everything too. And I make up what-if scenarios in my head about everything all the time. It's such a time consuming sickness, isn't it?

But anyway, Emma is SO cute. I love pictures of tired, grumpy little kids.

Kate said...

Oh my.... I so remember being terrified about the kids being in the crib... Glad to hear no bumps even came of.... and don't worry Jen... I'm sure that I have much worse Paranioa than you... my mother has always felt sorry for my childrent... I can't watch them jump on a trampoline... I would never let them myself... couldn't stand to watch them ride a bike for the first time... gosh, I even hate skate boards!
Emma looks wonderful in the new crib! and I just adore her beautiful little finger nails!