Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Best 5 Bucks Ever Spent!

Ron & the kids took me to work the other day, but I was about a 1/2 hour early, so we went to the Discovery Shop to kill some time. (It's like Goodwill, but the proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society.) We wandered throughout the store and I saw this bike helmet. It was only $5.00, and it looked brand new. No scratches or anything! So, we figured we'd buy it, since he doesn't have one, and there's room to grow! Since it's been a little chilly, he's just been using it as his "hockey helmet" and rarely takes it off. He was even wearing it when Ron picked me up from work later in the day! (The hockey stick is a Valentines gift from Grandma K!)




1 comment:

Carianne said...

I love those great deals! And why is it that the kids get more use out of the cheap stuff (like boxes, tupperware and paper towel rolls) than all the fancy toys? My girls get excited when I buy them a new pad of paper or a new pencil. WHo knew it was so easy. Shoot remember how excited Alexis was to get a VACCUM for her bday. I need to go to the second hand stores more often. Not that I need anything. I think I have enough toys.