Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pismo?

Ron and I were both off last Thursday, but he went golfing with his grandpa. When he got back, we got the kids up around 4 and were just hanging out thinking about what to do after dinner (I acutally had a plan for dinner, too!) We came to the conclusion that we would go bowling, so after I had gotten up to get things going, Ron said "Let's go to the Splash Cafe'!" So, we called to see what time they closed (8:30) one thing led to another, and we were packed up and ready to go by 5:00! First stop, Splash Cafe' for a clam chowder bread bowl! YUM! Then it was down to the pier! Emma loved it! She didn't want anyone to hold her or her hand. She just wanted to go! She also thought it was cool to stick her fingers in the cracks of the boards and holes. Michael thought it was cool to throw pennies in the ocean and he kept asking where the whales were (since we saw a whale in the ocean in Maui). After the walk on the pier, we headed down to the beach. Michael seemed a little scared at first (it was dark and, again, he was concerned about the whale) but, after we got him out there, we found some rocks/shells for him to throw in the water and he thought it was cool and didn't want to leave!


Splash Cafe'


The Pier


The Beach

Finding more rocks
I drew this in the sand...(it's an "M" and an "E" for Michael and Emma, not "me")

Ron & I watched the boys Friday night so Ryan & Amanda could go on a date and this is how they slept (well, until after 2 warnings to stay in bed and Aaron was moved to another room & Michael had to go to his bed, but didn't stay there!)

1 comment:

Carianne said...

So seriously you guys just packed up and went to Pismo like that for dinner? CRAZY! Just eating out itself is an arm twister for me. You know what a tightwad I am. I don't think I could ever go that far for dinner. It sounds like fun though. I wish I could do something spontaneous like that. I think things through too much. Of course feeding 7 people is a lot more than 4. And my boys can eat! You do not want to see my grocery bill. I don't know where these boys are hiding their food. Of course they are VERY active and probably burn the calories right off. Soo jealous about that. All my kids have their daddies metabolism. Nice!