Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Here's a little taste of our AWESOME New Years Eve party! I worked until about 1 pm and went to my parents to get the kids. After their naps, I took them to Albertsons to pick up some traditional finger foods & Martinelli's (which was a zoo!) then it was home to start heating up the goodies! I gave the kids baths and dressed them in their PJ's. We laid out a big blanket & watched "Horton Hears a Who" while we ate. After awhile, Emma was getting really tired (plus she didn't feel good) so I put her to bed & popped pop corn. After the movie was over, I got out the pots and pans & let Michael go to town! He really enjoyed it. I called Ron's voicemail so that we could leave him a "Happy New Year" message w/pots & pans noises. Ron then called and said that he got an overtime, so he wouldn't be home. So, I put Michael to bed and went to bed myself at about 10:30. I'm not even 30 yet and I'm already going to bed before midnight on New Years! (it probably didn't help that I'm sick, too, and I took some Nyquil!) Oh well! I hope everone had a great holiday season and I look forward to what this new year has to bring! Love to all!

2 comments:

The Bertagnoles said...

we were in bed by 10:30 because of a sick kid, too. Oh well, were old, what more can I say? :}

Johnsons Away said...

We were in bed by 9. And we're not even 30 yet, what can you do? But the funny thing is, we feel kind of funny like we didn't close the year quite right. We'll have to make sure and stay up next year :)