Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hawaii Re-Cap

Day 1: We arrived in Maui around 12:30 pm and it was off to the Hyatt Resort & Spa. After checking in & registering for the tournament, it was off to check out our room. We then changed into our swimsuits and go swimming! We got cleaned up and headed to Whalers Village to Leilanis for dinner. It was a little pricey, but it was SOOO good! After walking around the shops for a little bit, it was back to our room.
Day 2: Ron had a practice round and the "guests" of the players went on a shopping excursion in Lahaina. I bought a bunch of stuff to bring home for souveniers. When I got back, Ron was home, so we headed to the pool again (there was a cool waterslide!). We got cleaned up and went to the Welcome Reception Dinner where I met Ron's partner & his wife. They had several tables with different types of food set up and most everything was REALLY GOOD!
Day 3: Ron had his first round, so I just hung out at the hotel. I wanted to go snorkeling at some point and saw that they had a free snorkel lesson at the pool, so I went. After that, I swam around for awhile, then walked up and down the beach to check things out. When I got back, I was pretty tired so I just laid in bed watching TV and snoozed a little. When Ron got back, he racapped the first round and he shot 1 over, but his partner didn't play so well. He had said that it was the worst round he'd ever played. We went swimming (again) and it was time to get cleaned up for the Luau! The Luau was AWESOME! The band they had is the most requested band in all Hawaii, and they were good! The dancers were really good too! I got video, but I need to firgure out how to download it and I might put it up, but don't hold your breath!
Day 4: Ron had his 2nd round and I went with his partners wife & a couple other ladies snorkeling! It was so cool! I bought an underwater camera, but used up all the pics before we found the sea turtle! I was disappointed, but what can you do? After that, I had set up for a "spa day" where I got a massage, manicure, pedicure & had them do my hair. It was so fun! I even saw a whale splashing around while I was getting my manicure! How awesome is that?! I went back to my room where Ron was waiting and we got ready to head down to Lahina for our Dinner cruise with Tim & Candice (Ron's partner). The boat wasn't anything spectacular, but the food was REALLY good! Ron spotted a whale, so the captain turned the boat around so we could get a better look. After awhile, ANOTHER whale came to meet up with the one we were watching!
Day 5: Ron didn't make it to the top 20, so he was done for the rest of the week, so after breakfast we decided to go to the Plantation course to watch the PGA tournament for awhile. The course is VERY hilly (is that even a word?) and is sooo steep! There are spots that you have to get transportation because you can't walk it! I had had enough walking and just sat at the 18th green while Ron went to find someone to follow. I ended up getting sunburned that day, but it's not that bad (except for the spot where my necklace was!). That night was the Awards ceremony where they had Josh Heffren (sp?) who was the winner of season 2 of The Last Comic Standing. He was pretty funny, but I wouldn't pay money to see him again! By that night, Ron's feet were hurting him so bad he could barely stand up! Little did I know it would get worse!
Day 6: I was awoken at 4:30 am by Ron screaming and thrashing his legs around. Turns out, he hadn't been able to get to sleep because his heels were hurting sooo bad! I gave him some Tylenol and he was able to get some rest. I had called the front desk also because there was a doctor's office at the end of our hallway, but they weren't open until 8 am. So, at 8 am, we headed down to get his feet checked out. The doctor said that his tendants were really swollen and perscribed some Vicodin and suggested that he keep his feet elevated and iced. We were leaving that day, so he kept them iced until noon, when we had to check out. The bus wasn't supposed to take us to the airport until 7:15 pm, so we hung out at the hotel and slowly made our way down to Longs to pick up his perscription. Our plane left at 10:22 pm (12:22 am PST) and after 1 layover in San Fran, we were home just after 9 am PST and greeted by our kids!

All in all, this was an amazing trip and we are so grateful to Mercedes Benz for this opportunity! They really know how to throw a good time!

2 comments:

Carianne said...

Sounds like you had fun! What a relaxing trip. Your pictures were great. Love the scenery...so pretty! I am glad you had a good time.

Carla said...

Sounds (and looks) like you had a fantastic time!! Other than the swollen tendons :( We went to Maui a few years ago courtesy my parents... it was SO beautiful, relaxing, and FUN! I can't wait to go back!