Monday, September 1, 2008

Potty Time!

So, I've been dreading the day to start potty training Michael because I don't if I'm gonna start too soon and I don't want to get frustrated and I don't want him to get frustrated either! I just started talking to him about the potty and little things like that. There's been a couple of times he wanted to sit on the potty, but just because he thought it was cool to sit up there. The other day, he mentioned something about the potty, so I sat him on there and I think he was trying to poop, but just a little pee came out. I congratulated him and had him call everyone to tell them. So I went to Costco (not just for this) and got him a big bag of M&M's so that if he DID go to the potty, he could get 1 for pee & 2 for poop. Yesterday when we came home from church, he grabbed the bag and tried to open it. I told him that he could get on if he went potty on the toilet. He then ran to the bathroom, so I sat him on the toilet and he peed for real! YEA! THEN, today, he went poop twice! He insinuated both times about going to the bathroom and when I took him...TA-DA! I'm not going to get my hopes up, and I'm still going to take it slow, but it seems to be going in the right path! Wish me luck!

No comments: