Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy 4th Anniversary!!

Ron and I celebrated our 4th anniversary! We didn't do much, but it was nice, none the less. My schedule changed at work and I'm not just working afternoons, I work 2 full days and one 1/2 day, so yesterday was my full day, and Ron had to be to work at 2, so I didn't see him much until he got home. He had already told me we weren't doing gifts, but I never listen to him. I always know that I'm not getting anything, but I insist on getting him something anyway! I got him a watch that you can clip on to your golf bag. Not much, but I think he liked it. I also went to the dollar store and got 4 heart balloons (for 4 years...ahhhh!) and a bag of Jolly Ranchers and after work, I drove to where he leaves his car for the van pool and put the balloons and candy in there. When he got home, I gave him his gift, and he handed me an envelope. It's a "U Save 'Em" envelope which is like an interoffice envelope for inmates to use to pass mail around the prison. (He thought it was pretty funny!) Anyway, he did write me a really sweet letter on it. I guess he finally realized that those are the best presents and the one's that I treasure the most! I have had a great time these last 4 years (and the 3 years prior to that!) and I'm so glad to have him in my life. Things haven't been perfect over the years, but that what makes life interesting. I love him so much and am so grateful for his hard work and sacrifices he makes for our family. He truly is my very best friend! I love you so much! AML AML FTAAE!!

1 comment:

Carianne said...

Happy Anniversary! How sweet that ROn wrote you a letter and so funny about the envelope. My favorite kinda gift too.

Sucks that you have to work. I wish you could just stay home with your kids. Hopefully you won't have to work much longer. I hate being poor, but am much happier now than I was when we had the 6,000 extra dollars every month. I don't need cable, clothes or any of the extras anyways.

We are all sick over here, but maybe we can get together sometime. What is your schedule? Are you doing a party for Michael's birthday?