Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Getting Ready for Kindergarten!

I called the school awhile ago to find out the time frame of when I could get Michael registered for school so I could get things started before the baby was born. They told me that they didn't have the packets ready yet, but it would be sometime in April. Great! Luckily, Amanda was at the school when our friend was putting together the packets for Kindergarten, so she grabbed one for me. I filled most of it out and then we were just waiting for baby. I took Michael to the dentist the Tuesday before I was due, and was hoping to have the baby so I could take them both to the doctor at the same time. We were able to make it just under the gun, however, when we got to the appointment, we found out that the kids' medical records hadn't transferred over from the old pediatrician to the new pediatrician even though I had filled the paper out for them to do that over a month prior! They asked me if he had his 4 year shots, which he had, so they just did a TB test. He freaked out over getting the shot, but did great on the eye & hearing test! A couple days later, I had to take him back for the TB reading and they STILL hadn't sent over the kids' records! I finally called to the old pediatrician's and they said they would fax over the shot records. When the new pedi's got it, we found out he needed 3 more shots!! I was SO mad because he HATES shots and I had been telling him all morning that he wouldn't have to get shots, that they were just going to look at the TB shot! I had to break the news to him and that did NOT go over well! But, he did it and lived, even though he wouldn't move his arms the whole day! He wouldn't even get in and out of the car without me picking him up! This was a day or two after the shots.



No comments: