Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just Us Girls!

Emma has been going through a phase recently where she is almost unbearable with her tantrums! It's been so frustrating because it doesn't seem like anything works. We've tried being nice, we've tried being mean, and nothing! So, I thought that I would try some one on one time with her and see if that would help. (I am convinced that she needs to go back to taking naps, but I need her to go down early so that she's not up late, but it hasn't happened yet) I took Michael to my parents for my dad to watch him and then Emma and I went to Mac N Cheeza for lunch. I hadn't been there yet, and thought it was pretty good!
Here she is drawing on the giant chalkboard.

We shared some yummy mac n cheese!

Threw back a few....(okay, so it was strawberry soda, but I thought it was funny!)
Went to Build a Bear, and then saw "Despicable Me". I thought it was really cute! She liked it too, but had to go potty right at the good part at the end. By the time we got back, everything was fine and the movie was just about over. When we got out, I took her to the arcade area for her to play around (not actually play, just pretend.) They had a crane game with stuffed animals from the movie. She wanted to play, but I wouldn't let her. Then, a little boy came in to play (he was about Michael's age) and on the first try he ended up getting 2 of the same toy (a stuffed unicorn) and gave one to Emma! (SCORE!)

Here she is with her animals...(this is why she needs to take naps again!) That night we all went out to watch Ron's softball game.

I hope to make this a regular thing because I just think it's important!

No comments: