Monday, March 15, 2010

Ideas Needed!

So, I'd like to continue to potty train Emma, because she's still going potty in the toilet (sometimes). Most of the time she doesn't, but she still gets excited when she does. My method is to try to find what time interval they're going. With Michael, it was every hour, and if he didn't go, I'd take him a 1/2 hour later. I started her every 30, but she usually doesn't go, and then she has an accident, or I take her and she goes, and 15 minutes later, she goes again, because she didn't fully "relieve" herself. I gave up after awhile and just ask her every now and then if she'd like to go, but it's usually no. She asked today if she could wear her big girl panties today and so far no accidents, but I don't know how long it's been since she went last, so I keep taking her and nothing. Now it's getting to where she's getting more and more upset and is crying every time she sits on the toilet and wont stay there. I don't want to force her because I don't want her to NEVER learn because she's scared of the toilet! With Michael, I could make it fun by "racing" him to the toilet or racing him to see who could pee the fastest. That doesn't work with Emma. She's so stubborn and I don't know what works for her. I sometimes can get her to do things by using reverse psychology, but I don't want her to get the wrong idea. So, if any of you have some suggestions, that would be GREAT!

2 comments:

Powers Fam said...

For Julia, we took away the tv shows and movies big she used the potty she got to watch her show. If she had an accident then no show. She could still play with all her other toys. We tried just about everything before that. Good luck Jen! I'm dreading the day I have to potty train Tyler.

Mrs. Schmalison said...

You could always use bribes. As soon as Patrick would go in the potty we would blow up balloons and call grandma and have a little potty party. Also Patrick just wouldnt do it until he was ready. No matter how hard we tried. His pediatrician said to get training underwear, not pullups. The training underwear make them feel the wet and pullups absorb so they dont feel it. We tried those and I was cleaning up pee accidents but it doesnt seem like it lasted long after we bought them. You could try the pee pee jar. When ever she goes in the potty you give her a penny or a quarter and when she has enough she can buy a toy at the store.