Wednesday, March 3, 2010

February Happenings

Here's an update of what we've been up to this last February...
I put Noel in the laundry room to keep her out of what I was doing and when I went to check on her, I couldn't find her, but I heard her. She had gotten herself behind the washer/dryer.

Emma got into my make-up and decided to put on my eyeliner! So pretty!

This is what my kids do EVERY night after prayers. They say "On your mark, get set, GO!" and then run to the bathroom to brush teeth.

So, I got a bright idea to start potty training Emma. She was doing really well, but then she started to cry when I put her on the potty, so I gave up! Yes, I quit (sorta)! I ask her every now and then if she would like to go and if she says yes, I take her and if she says no, I don't. I don't know if it will be better for her in the long run, but I just didn't think it was doing any good for her to sit there and cry.

Valentines Day breakfast. I made "elephant ears" in the shape of hearts. I gave Emma some pom-poms and Michael a cork gun (which Emma broke like the next day!) Look at the excitement on their faces! :o)

Yummy!

For dinner, we went to my parents house where the boys bbq'd bacon wrapped hamburgers! The deal was, the boys cooked and the girls cleaned (since Ron was at work, I just had to buy the jello salad stuff and my dad made it). But, when dinner was all done, the boys started cleaning! We did help a little, but it was really nice to not have to do it all! On a side note, Ron and I celebrated Valentines the Friday before with Ryan, Amanda & Abby at PF Changs and then dessert at Moo Creamery! I got Ron a little charm for his dog tags (I know, lame!) that said "I 'heart' U Back". Ron wrote me a really nice card that he decorated himself. He drew hearts all over the front of it and did a really good job, too! I LOVED it! :o)
The set up for our traditional candlelight dinner.

This is Emma's "One, Two, Three, SQUEEZE!" face.

Our ward had their Pinewood Derby/Blue & Gold Dinner this month, so Ron made Michael a car. We took it to our neighbors house who has a bunch of tools and he ended up cutting it all out, but Ron painted it. He had hoped to just use our neighbors tools with Michael and build it together, but it didn't work that way! Oh well, next year!

Michael SO excited that his car won a couple of heats!

He got 2nd in the first heat, then 1st in the 2nd & 3rd heat, and then he flew off the track on the 4th heat and ended up not making it to the finals. BUT his car won for "Most Creative!"

He just HAD to make the "Lightning McQweem" car!

Ron and I were "doing the rounds" and this is how we found Emma!

This is what Noel does when I'm doing my hair! Crazy cat! On a side, more gross/graphic note, she has also gone to Ron's sink (she's in mine in this picture) and has peed in it twice--that I know of! I don't know if I should get mad at her, but at the same time it's funny and amazing! It reminds me of Meet the Parents where the cat goes potty in the toilet!


1 comment:

Sarah Smith said...

My cat pees in our tub. So annoying. I wash the tub out before bathtime every night. I guess we can be glad they pee down a drain and not just anywhere? LoL.

Sounds like February was a fabulous month for you guys! Your kids are just too cute.