Sunday, July 26, 2009

Visit With Megan Recap

I guess I should write what we did and not just post pictures, so....We picked Megan up from LAX on friday and hung out in Beverly Hills that night. Ryan & Amanda were gracious enough to watch the kids so Ron and I could go down there and we all had a blast. We walked up and down Rodeo Dr, but everything was closed, and then headed to The Grove (a big outdoor mall). We had planned on eating at the Cheesecake Factory, but there was a really long wait, so we settled on Wood Ranch and were seated on the patio right away. After getting our table, I went inside to use the restroom and on my way back, I notice this guy a couple of tables away from ours and thought "he looks familiar..." I went back and told my mom who I thought it was, but she couldn't see him (his back was to us). Shortly after he left, I asked our waitress and, sure enough, it was Ian Ziering (Steve Sanders from the original 90210)!! I didn't watch the show when it was on because my parents wouldn't let me, however, while Ron and I lived with my parents while our house was being built, my mom and I would watch the re-runs. Still, it was pretty cool to sit next to someone famous. We didn't do a whole lot Saturday or Sunday, but Monday, the kids and I took Megan to Hurricane Harbor and had a blast! I took her to BJ's Restaraunt in Valencia for some Chicago style pizza and a yummy Pizookie! If you haven't been there to have one, GO!!!! They are sooooooo good! Tuesday, Ryan, Amanda, My Mom & Dad, the boys (including Michael) & Megan went to Magic Mountain and had a great time! Both Ron and I had to work & Emma stayed home, but LOVED being an only child for the day! My mom took Megan on Wednesday to have a photo shoot and there were some great pictures with that! Thursday my parents, Megan, Ron & I and the kids all went to Pismo, had some Splash Cafe' clam chowder, walked the pier, went shopping (oddly enough, we ran into Ron's aunt & uncle who live in Washington! We haven't seen them since last summer! Weird!), and had a little beach time! Emma got filthy AGAIN! Michael was mostly just wet. Luckily I had x-tra clothes! Lastly, we went to the SLO street fair! We looked around a little and my parents got some produce, we bought jackets from Ross for the kids since I forgot them! Oops! We ate dinner at an Italian restaraunt, but it wasn't very good and was expensive. I will probably never go back! Friday, we had a farewell dinner and then off to Rosemary's for some ice cream! A great way to say goodbye! My parents drove her up to Monterey yesterday where her parents were meeting them. We had a great visit with her and hope she can come back soon! Hopefully we'll be able to see the whole family before Chris (Megans brother) leaves for his mission! Last I hear, he's working on turning in his papers! We shall see!

No comments: