Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pebble Beach (From the Beginning)

Okay, so I was able to download the rest of the pictures, so let's get started!
Ron filling out his quiz to find out where I was taking him.

"We're going to Pebble Beach?!"

This is our sign so that we didn't have to pay going in and out of the hotel (it was located in the 17-mile drive in which you have to pay to go through...beautiful drive, though!)

Our balcony at the Inn at Spanish Bay.


The Fireplace.

The TV cabinet.

The bed.

The liquor cabinet. (Don't worry, we didn't drink anything!)

These were the cute stir sticks shaped like a golf club w/ball.


Lunch at First Awakenings. They're famous for their breakfast, and yes, that's a giant pancake!

They put these squirt bottles on the tables outside so you can squirt the birds with water to get them away from your food. This was Ron's favorite part of lunch!

Couldn't quite finish!

Stuffed!

This was a cool statue on the way in to our hotel.

When we came back to the room, they left this bottle of Martinelli's with a Happy Birthday card for Ron. I originally wanted to have them put together a golfer's basket & include the cider, but they wanted like $160 for it. That included a 20% gratuity charge, another $6 delivery fee AND 8.25% tax! Seriously! Why is there a gratuity charge AND a delivery fee?! Ridiculous! To top it off, the bottle of cider was going to be $14!! I'm glad this one was for free!

We were also able to go on a complimentary Lexus test drive for 2 hours! So I reserved the hardtop convertable! It was pretty awesome! I think Ron got it up to 123 mph! Top down the whole time & I didn't bring anything to put my hair up! It got pretty annoying, but I wanted him to have fun, and he did!




This is what my husband does in the parking lot at our REALLY fancy resort! Way to go, babe!

Remember when we drove in the Lexus and had the top down the whole time? Well, this is the hair that came out of my head when I combed out the tangles! Ouch!

Birthday celebration at Bubba Gumps!

Dessert.


These signs were pretty cool. If you've never been there, when you have it on "Run Forrest Run" then you don't need anything...

When you flip it to "Stop Forrest Stop" that tells the waitor/waitress to stop because you need something. It worked really well!

These deer were all over the place, but this was the best shot I could get before they ran off.

Puttin' on the shoes to get ready to play!

Taking some practice shots before the round.

This statue is so cute!

Gettin' the scorecard ready! (The golf cart was REALLY nice!)

The First Shot!

Ron bought me a banana (that was probaby more than a bunch of banana's anywhere else) for breakfast and while I was out of the cart watching Ron putt, the stupid crows got into the cart, grabbed my banana and went to town!


No comments: