Monday, August 4, 2008

Father's Day

I know, I know, I'm like 2 months late, but I kept putting it off because I thought it was too late to do one, but I'd like to document the day before I forget it...Anyway, Ron worked a lot that weekend, so we hadn't seen him much. He works afternoons, so he didn't get home until aroud 11 pm Saturday night, So I made him a nice speghetti dinner (since he would be missing out on the festivities on Sunday). I had a bottle of Martinelli's and got down our wedding flutes. It would've been a lot more romantic except my mom and dad were speaking in church and they came over so my mom could work on her talk since Ryan and Amanda had been staying there and the kids sleep in the office where the computer is! I got up early Sunday morning and made Ron breakfast in bed. Michael helped (or "watched") and we took it in there. He ate breakfast and while he did that, I had Michael sing to him. I had been working on getting him to sing "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home" for the longest time so that he could sing it to him, and it went VERY well! It was sooo cute and Ron enjoyed it. It was then on to presents! Michael got daddy a new golfing Calvin sticker for his car, but this time we added "Play Good Daddy" on it, and Emma got daddy a nice picture frame with a picture of the two of them the day after she was born with a nice poem on it. It was then on to church for a nice meeting. My parents spoke, and it went well. Ron can usually only stay for Sacrament and then he has to go to work, so the kids and I went to my parents for dinner. Ryan wanted Bacon Wrapped Chicken, so that's what we had. It was very good! I'm so glad that I have these wonderful men in my life! I am so blessed to have such amazing priesthood holders around me and my children and I hope that one day my son will follow in their footsteps.

No comments: