Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hawaii, Here We Come!!!


Yesterday, Ron played in the Mercedes Benz Championship qualifier at Bakersfield Country Club. We debated on whether or not he should play, as money is a little tight right now and we're trying to save for a trip to Washington in August. So we discussed the expense and I told Ron to make a list of all the tournaments he wanted to play in and then prioritize them to the ones he really wanted to play in and then check out the finances. The cool thing about this tourney was that if he won, he would get an all expense paid trip to Hawaii in which I could go to, we'd just have to pay for my plane ticket. So I REALLY wanted him to play 'cause I've never been, but I was afraid we'd pay all that money and for some reason wouldn't win (the guy who won last year didn't have to win by much and Ron is getting really good, even despite not getting to play much). So we bit the bullet and he played. I waited and waited for him to call and when he finally did, he told me that he missed winning by 1 shot. I was disappointed, but glad that he had a good time. Right after work, I met up with him, the kids & my mom at Chili's for her birthday. After that was ice cream at Rosemary's and then home for bath/bed. I walked in the kitchen and saw his crystal trophey on the counter and asked him if that was his 2nd place trophey, and he said "No, it's the 1st place trophey!" He wanted to suprise me, and boy was I! I'm so excited, but, the only thing that stinks is that he will be golfing during the day, so I'll have to do some things by myself. But, he said there will be nice dinners every night and even a sunset dinner cruise! It's supposed to be sometime in January, so I can't wait! It'll be good, 'cause Emma will be 1 already, so I wont have to worry about pumping, or anything, so that'll be nice! Anyway, I'll keep you all posted on details as I get them! Aloha!

2 comments:

Powers Fam said...

Congratulations! Are you going to the main Island or another Island?

KillmerFam said...

We're going to Maui. I'd like to go to the Temple, but it's on a different island and I don't know if I will be able to "island hop" while I'm there...we'll see!