Sunday, November 14, 2010

This Pregnancy

Well, I've hit the halfway mark and thought I'd share some of my feelings about this pregnancy and things that have been going on. I don't normally share things like this, but I thought I'd give an update.
So far, this pregnancy feels like it's the first time. My first 2 were pretty similar and never had any problems (except the kidney infection I got with Michael at 6 months). Both deliveries were amazing, no complaints for any of it. This one, however has been slightly different. I've been a little more sick this time around (which isn't saying much, because I never got morning sickness) and have noticed more pains in various places than I remember before. I also have been feeling so scared to go through labor/delivery again! I watch birthing shows on TV and think "Oh my gosh! I have to do that again?!" As if I don't remember what it was like last time (which was pretty good compared to some stories I've heard!) I think most of the problem has been because we debated for so long whether to have another, plus it's been 3 years since I was pregnant last I don't remember much unlike when I got pregnant with Emma, Michael was only 5 months old! I'm sure it's just nerves and in just a few months, it will all be over! :o)
As far as the baby update, I went to the doctor on Friday for my ultrasound appointment. While in there, the sonographer found that the placenta was pretty close to my cervix which means that if it doesn't move out of the way, there's a possibility I will have to have a cesarian (sp?). She also found a dark spot on the baby's head and told me that it was a Choroid Plexus Cyst (CPC), but wouldn't tell me anything about it and said that the doctor would go over all of this with me during my appointment. That pretty much ruined the rest of the ultrasound for me and got me pretty worried. When I got in to see the doctor she explained that when they find a CPC, they usually check the rest of the baby to make sure everything else checks out (which it did) because if they don't, it's a sign that the baby could have down syndrome, but because everything else was fine, most likely the cyst would go away after time. So, that means that they will do a follow up ultrasound in a few weeks. Amanda sent me a link to an article about CPC and it said basically the same thing, that the cyst can go away by the 3rd trimester.
So, that's the update. The doctor seemed pretty positive that there's nothing seriously wrong at this point, so I just have to trust her opinion and trust that Heavenly Father will be watching out for our little guy. Even though I'm a little nervous about different things, I'm still SO excited for this little boy to be here so I can hold him and kiss him and love him!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Pregnancy can be such a scary time! We will pray that everything turns out well.