Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Festivities

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

This year we definately got our moneys worth of the kids' costumes! We started out the season by taking the kids to CALM for "Boo at the Zoo". I met up with my parents and my brother's boys since Amanda had just had the baby, and my parents had them. The kids had a great time looking at all the animals, playing in the bounce house & riding the train. Their costumes got filthy (Michaels WHITE pants & Emmas GLITTER shoes!) Luckily, his costume cleaned up with a little Spray 'n Wash & Zout, and Gabi (our babysitter) cleaned up Emma's shoes for me! (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my sitter?!) On the 28th, we had our ward activity on the athletic field and had a good time. The kids loved eating all the candy & cupcakes! The kids stayed the night at my parents house on Friday night so they could "help" my dad put together the spooky house (the bigger kids were the only ones interested, the little ones got scared). Saturday morning, we got the kids dressed in their costumes and took them to Ron's grandparents to go trick or treating and to show them off. After a late nap (for Emma especially...I'll post why on another entry) we went to my parents for pizza and trick or treating. After dinner Ryan, Amanda's parents and I took the kids around my parents neighborhood for my kids first time door to door trick or treating. Michael heard someone say "Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat" and decided to say it as well....all night! After a few houses, we went back to my parents and passed out candy to the kids brave enough to enter the spooky house! It was a long night & I'm glad it's over. Now it's time to clean up all the glitter that came off of Emma's dress!

No comments: