Monday, August 31, 2009

Look Out, South Carolina!!!

Today Ron played in the Monday qualifier for the US Mid-Amateur golf tournament in Fresno, CA. He played one round and shot 1 under par along with 3 other players. They went into a playoff and on the first hole, Ron drained a 30 footer for birdie, when no one else did! This win qualified him to play in the Mid-Am tourney in South Carolina October 3rd through the 8th! Not bad for only playing a couple times a month! Unfortunately, he will be gone for my birthday, but I suppose I should get used to it! I have a feeling my birthday will be forgotten from now on! (especially since Michael and I are only a week apart!)

3 comments:

Powers Fam said...

Congrats Ron! A shame it isn't in TN bc we will be visiting family during those dates and could have cheered him on....quietly. ;)

Em said...

Yay! Good for him!

The Bertagnoles said...

YEah for him! Sad for you, Im thinking the same is happening for my birthday too. Kaiden and I are 2 weeks apart and my b-day kindof gets overlooked. Oh well, at least we still have anniversaries and mothers days right?!?!? hopefully!