Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

Yesterday was Halloween. Ron was off, but I worked. I made a checkerboard cake to take to work the night before (didn't turn out quite as I'd hoped, but it still tasted good) and I also made some "Reese's Quiches" (the little cookies with the Reeses mini cups in the middle) for the ward party. That started around 6 to about 8. It was a lot of fun. We combined with College Heights, so Ron's family came, too, since Lindsey & David are in that ward. It was fun. Brody didn't want to wear his costume as a race car driver, though! Too bad! Michael was Peter Pan & Emma was Tinkerbell (although, people kept thinking that Michael was Robin Hood.) I was a little nervous that they wouldn't wear their costumes because when I tried them on them the for the first time, Michael wouldn't wear the hat and got mad because the elastic for the tie on the shirt snapped him in the face. Then, Emma was mad because she couldn't crawl in the dress, so she would just sit up, grab her skirt and shake it up and down while whinning. Luckily, when we got to the church, we told Michael that he couldn't get any candy unless he wore his hat! And Emma started walking, so she didn't have to worry about trying to crawl in her costume. I got some shiney pipe cleaners and made the bow on her head and shoes. I think it turned out pretty cute. Here are some pics of the event.






1 comment:

Kate said...

How adorable!! Your children are so cute! I'm so sad I missed the Ward party this year. Glad to see they stayed in costume for you, I remember what a struggle it always was for my children when they were smaller.... and on a side note... how exciting that she is learning to walk with her shoes!!! Wish I could have tasted some of those cookies!