Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rice Cereal!!

Brockers turned 4 months on August 2nd, but we were going to be on vacation, so I thought I would try it before we left on our trip. It wasn't too bad. He didn't care for the texture much, but I was able to feed him most of it. However, when Ron had the kids and tried it, it was a fail. I didn't feed him much cereal while we were gone, but when we got back he had his 4 month check up and we found out he was under weight! He weighed 11 lbs 10 oz and was 24 1/4 inches long, which put him in the 1.1% for weight! I was pretty shocked since he was such a big baby when he was born! He does eat every 2-3 hours during the day and sleeps ALL night long, but he does spit up quite a bit after he eats, so he doesn't retain much food. The doctor decided to hold off on tests for awhile (yay!) and will check him in a month to see if he's gaining now that he's on cereal. I've found that he likes the cereal best when I mix it with breastmilk, so we are trying to feed him the cereal 2-3 times a day to see if we can get his weight up a little! I went through the same thing with Emma, so I'm hoping to not have to go through all the tests with him like I did with her!



He looks SO cute when he sucks his thumb, but I'm trying to break the habit now before it gets out of control!



Messy boy!


"I got this, Ma!"




No comments: