Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Brock's Blessing Day

Brock was blessed on Sunday, May 1st. Prior to the blessing, Ron had asked me my thoughts on whether he should have his Grandpa Smith bless him. I thought it was a little weird at first, and then he explained that he had been thinking about it for awhile and wanted to do it because his grandpa wasn't able to bless his children and he thought it would be a nice gesture since he and his grandpa are really close. I just explained to him to really think about it, because I didn't want him to regret not blessing all of his children one day. He gave it lots of thought and talked to his grandpa and felt that he wanted his grandpa to do it. When it came time, the counselor announced that Brock would be blessed by his dad (because I forgot to tell them otherwise). I'm sure a lot of people were suprised by the switch, but both Ron and his grandpa bore really nice testimonies and explained a little as to why he did it, so it all worked out. I talked to the bishop later and asked if that was ok to even do (since it all happened so fast I wasn't thinking) and he said it was fine, he just felt bad that they didn't announce the right name. Whoops! The circle included Great Grandpa Smith, Grandpa Pitts, Daddy, Uncle Ry Ry, and Cousin David. Grandpa Killmer wasn't able to make it from Washington, but Grandma Killmer and Aunt Mary came down for a visit to be here for it. I did take pictures, however, I forgot my little camera that I keep with me all the time and didn't check my good camera's batteries and they were both dead, so the pictures I got are on my phone and I haven't sync'd (sp?) up my phone to the computer yet. The outfit Brock wore was made by my Uncle Kevin's wife, Lucy. She is super talented and made all 3 kids' blessing outfits. I was just going to use Michaels, but she offered to make this one and it turned out really cute! The blaket was made by Ron's mom when we blessed Michael and I reused it for all the kids.

No comments: