Thursday, March 24, 2011

7 Days To Go! Pregnancy Ramblings...

So, I'm officially a week away from my due date. I keep hoping everyday that "this is the day", but no such luck. I was a week early with Michael, and 3 days late with Emma, so it will be interesting to see what this one will be. (I'm hoping he takes more after his brother than his sister, though!) I've felt pretty good, most of the time. I've had a couple of days where I've felt SO nauseous it's hard to do anything! The first time I was at work and had to leave, it had gotten so bad! The second time I was at work again and went in the back to lay down for a minute. I started feeling better, so I stayed and was able to finish the day. However, that night Ron and I had gone out with my parents for dinner and a movie, and during the movie, I started feeling REALLY bad again! I got up and went to the bathroom and got a drink of water. That helped for a little while. The movie was almost over, luckily, and while we were walking out it started up again! It finally went away and I haven't gotten that bad since. Yesterday, though, I had eaten a late lunch and was heading to my parents house to drop something off and on the way, I got a nasty gas bubble in my stomach! It was SO painful! I just went in, layed down on the couch at around 4 and didn't go home until about 10:30! My mother in law has been in town and has been taking one kid everyday to spend time with and spend the night with her, so I only had Emma with me. Luckily my dad was home when I went there and he basically took care of her for me! He made dinner, fed her, and after I woke up from a short nap, she had been showered and was in her jammies! I'm feeling better today, but my back and hips are starting to hurt! I've lost a little mucus, but that doesn't really mean a whole lot right about now, but I'm still hopeful! At my first doctors appointment, she said that I wasn't dialated, but was really soft. The next appointment (with the actual doctor) a week later she said I was a 2 & 50% effaced, which gave me some hope! Then the next appointment, 5 days later, there wasn't much change. She said I was still a 2 and about 30-50%. That was a bummer, but I still have some time left. I have my next appointment on the 30th at 8 am, so I'm hoping I miss it so I don't have to go so early! Plus, Ron will be at work for a training class that he has to go to (that he would like to miss!) If the baby doesn't come before monday, that means it will be harder to get a hold of him at work if something were to happen. Plus, his brother is getting ready to qualify for the Canadian golf tour and wants Ron to caddy for him and that starts the first week of April! Everyone is fully aware that if the baby is not here, he's not going, but we're hoping that everything will work out! That's about it for now! Hopefully our next post will be announcing our new baby!!

1 comment:

Sarah Rae said...

Clean your bathtub! I swear that's what made Cadence decided to come out. Well, not really. She refused to descend, but the contractions started up and she was born 12 hours after I'd scrubbed out my bathtub (well, cat urine out of the car seat in my bathtub, whatever). :-)