Sunday, December 7, 2008

What the Heck?!

So, last Thursday was the SECOND time in a year that I have dropped my cell phone in the toilet! How you ask? No, my children weren't playing with it, it was ALL ME! Occasionally I put my phone in my back pocket. We got home from running earrands and I had to go to the bathroom (like I ALWAYS do when I get home from ANYWHERE) and I pulled my jeans down and PLOP! Right in! So, I am now without a phone until I can upgrade on Wednesday. I haven't needed it too much, but it's always worse when you don't have it! I feel like I can't go anywhere because "what if I miss a call???" Isn't that sad?! So, if anyone has tried to get a hold of me, you're going to have to call my house phone until further notice.
On another note, A few months ago I posted about Deja Vu, in which I mentioned that occasionally Emma will do something that Michael did when they were about the same age. Well, It happened again tonight at my parents house, except this time it WASN'T cute! A few months ago, Michael was playing with the house phone and was pushing buttons, when I grabbed it from him he had pushed talk. Before it rang, I hung up, but had noticed that he dialed several numbers, but the first 3 were 9-1-1!! Tonight, Emma was playing with my parents phone, so I told Michael to go get it from her "gently", so as he was bringing it to me, I heard a womans voice on speaker. I assumed it was Amanda since we had just talked to them, so I said "Hello?" and the lady said "This is 9-1-1!!" I appologized and explained that my daughter had had the phone and she said "well, could you take it away from her because I just sent the police to your house!" She was kind of snotty, and I can see why, but my daughters only one! It's not like she knew what she was doing! I tried to get the phone away, but it, apparently, was too late! Anyway, hopefully that's the last time we call 9-1-1 without an emergency! But, at least I know that my kids know what to do if there is one!

6 comments:

Carianne said...

Too funny! I have NEVER had that happen (knock on wood.) The house phones are up high and I keep my cell phone locked. And as far as cell phones go...maybe you should QUIT putting it in your back pocket!!! I did that once with my mom's phone (so even funnier) at some restraunt the night before my wedding. I don't think I even reached in for it. So how are you? I am sooo busy. Everyday it seems to get busier. I can't wait til Christmas break.Sorry I missed Emma's bday. For some reason I kept thinking it was on Saturday. I can't believe you had two parties. You are nicer than me. Wink Wink! Well, I had better go do Alexis' hair for school now. Poor girl wakes up at 6:30 am for school. I don't know who hates it more, me or her. Have a good day. Sorry I am so distant lately. I NEVER have time for me these days. I do think about you though. I hope mom is feeling better. Tell them hello.

Carla said...

I know that it stinks for you, but I can't help but laugh over the phone incident! The 911 operator must not have any of her own children or she'd be more understanding.

Johnsons Away said...

That is funny! Jaron hasn't done that yet, but my sister did when she was little. They sent the police over anyways to make sure that everything was fine and it wasn't someone bad saying that everything was fine. But I hope you get a phone back soon :)

Jocelyn said...

I've had a couple of close calls doing the same thing. Luckly it bounced off the seat onto the floor.

The Story of us said...

sorry about your phone. hopefully you don't miss any phone calls.

Brianne said...

What a dork!!! Stop putting your phone in your back pocket...that's what a purse is for. Maybe that's what I'll get your for Christmas. What a spaz.

Sorry about the kids calling the cops. What were you doing to them to need help anyway, huh? j/k ;)