Friday, December 5, 2008

The Night of Two Thanksgivings!

We had a great Thanksgiving Day! Ron's family came in to town for Emma's b-day, Thanksgiving & hopes that Lindsey would have her baby while they were here (which she did, yea!) So, like most holidays, we had 2 Thanksgivings! I love visiting with all the families, but my tummy gets FULL! Ron played golf with his grandpa, dad & sister in the morning, then we went to his grandparents for Thanksgiving lunch, then it was off to my parents for Thanksgiving dinner. It's always fun getting the kids together and watching them all play together. **Side note: Emma's 1st Birthday was Tuesday before Thanksgiving, but this year was her first Thanksgiving! I was due on Thanksgiving, but she was 3 days late (the 25th) and Thanksgiving fell on the 27th this year! Crazy!** While we were at my parents, my mom wanted us kids to go through the paper for all the sales for Black Friday and pick out what we wanted. It was decided that I would go with my parents to the Tulare outlet mall at midnight for all the deals. It wasn't too terrible. There was a huge line in Carters, but everything was 50% off PLUS 10% off your entire purchase. Not bad! We got back around 4:30 am, and then it was up at 8 am-ish because we were going to Knotts. It didn't hit me that I was tired until around 8/9 pm. It was all Ron & I could do to stay awake on the ride home! We would try to talk to each other and then we'd say "what was I talking about?" 'cause our minds would go blank. It was a little scary, but we made it home okay! Here are a few pics of the event. Enjoy!


1 comment:

The Bertagnoles said...

Jen- It was good to see you at the Nativity. Cute blog!! Send me an e-mail and Ill send you an invite to view ours...if you want. :}
wenwright@juno.com
wendy (wright) bertagnole