Sunday, October 30, 2011

Michael Turns 5!

Michael turned 5 at the end of last month! He was pretty excited for his birthday party! He chose a "Super Kong" theme this year. Super Kong is the "super guide" for the Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii game. He's not an actual character you can play. Michael was VERY specific that he did NOT want a Donkey Kong party, he wanted Super Kong!! I'm pretty sure the ONLY reason he wanted Super Kong was because Super Kong wears a blue tie, as opposed to the red tie Donkey Kong wears, and blue is his favorite color right now.

Here's the food setup, complete with bananas!

Had to put this picture of Grandpa giving the thumbs up!
Michael with his cake that Aunt Amanda made!

SEVERAL months ago, Michael had asked for the Donkey Kong Country Wii game. The game is $49.99 and rarely on sale. I had been putting off buying it and kept telling him he could "put it on the list of things he wanted for his birthday." Everytime I went to Target, however, I would check to see if, by chance, it was on sale. One day, while the kids were in school, I had to go to Target. So, I went by the games and decided to check. I saw a sign on the game saying that they were substituting this game because another game they had for sale was out of stock and it was only $19.99!!! I couldn't belive it!!! I wanted to buy a whole bunch of them, but only needed one! :o) I took it to my parents house and wrapped it and it had been in my closet for quite some time! Last minute, I put the wrapped game inside another box, wrapped it, then put it in a bigger box and wrapped it. It was pretty funny to watch him open it.

Here he is with the original box.

He sees that it's an air mattress box! Disappointed!

Hey, another wrapped box!!

Alright! Capri Suns!! NOT!!

ANOTHER WRAPPED PRESENT?!?!

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY!!!

He was SOOOOO excited!! He started beating his chest like a gorilla!

We played "Pin the Tie on Super Kong", and I made blue ties for all the kids as favors! He had JUST learned how to ride a bike without training wheels (finally!) so my parents bought him a bigger bike! Thanks to all who came and made his day so special!


No comments: