Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Girls Night Out!

My mother in law Debra, sister in law Mary, brother in law's girlfriend Alyssa and I all went out for a girls night to make some father's day gifts. I pretty much bypassed father's day (except cards) because I was too worried about the trip, so I just made something for me while everyone else made something for their dads. We went to a pottery place that also does glass fusion. It was fun, and very interesting! This place was pretty cool and had lots of things to do and also had a tea party area complete with dress up clothes for parties.
Here we are hard at work.


You start with a piece of glass, then take colored pieces of glass and cut them to the design you want and place them on your larger pieces of glass with a little glue. When you're finished, the workers take it and put it in the fire to fuse the pieces together.
Here is mine (before):

Alyssa's (before):

Debra's (before):

Mary's (before):

And the after's. Debra made a coaster, I made a bowl, and the other 2 girls made trivets/decorative tiles.

I don't think our pottery place here in town does this, but I would love to look into the closest place and do it again! Although, cutting was harder than it looks, but It would be fun to practice!

No comments: