Monday, October 19, 2009

My Girl Likes to Potty ALL the Time!

So, she hasn't gone potty in the big girl potty since my last post about her, but she likes to tell me she needs to go "poo poo and pee pee" ALL THE TIME!!! I know she doesn't have to go, she's just doing it because something triggered that she wants to sit on the toilet. It usually ends up with her sitting on there, telling me that "it's coming" and then all of the sudden says "all done!" as she climbs off the toilet! I don't want to NOT put her on the toilet because I want her to stay interested, but it gets a little annoying!

In other "potty updates"...I never posted about Michaels progress. He was still having accidents AT LEAST twice a week. I had bought him his own toy computer (so he'd stay away from mine) awhile back, but hadn't told him I did. I was waiting for him to go a whole week without having an accident (during the day) and I figured he would be good. About a week before his birthday, he'd had an accident and I explained that he was going to be 3 soon, and that 3 year olds don't have accidents. I then told him what I had bought and he got all excited and wanted it right then. I told him that if he could go past his birthday party (the day before his birthday) without having an accident, I would give him the computer. And he did it! (with the exception of the day of his birthday party he was running a fever of 105.0---yes, I typed that right--and when he woke up from his nap he was soaked, but I'm going to blame that on the fever!) He was so excited to get his computer and loves to play it. It has a game where it tells you what letter to find and he has to find it. He's still learning his letters and hopefully this will help. He's still wearing pullups at night. I'm waiting for him to go a week waking up dry before I get rid of those. I'm afraid he may sleep like his daddy and not wake up for ANYTHING, which means he probably wouldn't get up to go potty. I'm still debating on taking him potty before I go to bed, but I don't want to start any habits I can't break. Any suggestions on night time potty training?

1 comment:

Carla said...

James wasn't completely accident free at night until he was nearly 4. Andrew's 3.5 and still not. I think little boys just take a while.